Friday, November 7, 2008

If you blog it....

they will come.

So I recently installed google analytics to my blog. I'm fascinated. Absolutely, entirely, unnaturally fascinated.

So today I left work at my fabulous part-time job-
Oh Build-a-Bear...how I love you. Let me tell you what I experienced at work yesterday. We launched two new animals. Their names are Hal and Holly moose. They're Christmas animals, and they're adorable. ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE. now....because I work for the company, I will tell you that you can order them here. For some reason, I feel obligated to tell you that.

Are these guys cute or what?!



I'm in love with them, and quite frankly, wish I could have them. There are also miniature versions of them that the kids call "baby moose." Now...let me tell you why these are animals of interest. They cost $18 a piece. For just the animals. But in the last 2 days, I have seen 2 or more transactions leave the store totaling OVER $100. ONLY IN CHRISTMAS PRODUCTS! I'm outraged!! I thought there was an economic crisis! Don't get me wrong....I love the store. I love the products, and I wish I could have all of them...I simply wonder....how can anyone afford them these days? What are they doing for a living?

Well... one little girl who did a little extra begging....left the store with two moose, the book that goes with them (it's free with the purchase of the two animals), several outfits, pajamas, babies, and shoes. Each moose also included a $4 Jingle Bell Rock sound...and her total was...get this...



$180.


People. They're stuffed animals.

I love my job. I need another though. Does anyone know of any possibilities for part-time or full-time work for me?

7 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...

Ha! It was probably my neighbor. You should see her house...literally hundreds of build-a-bears and outfits for them ALL for EACH season! Since we've lived here, Olivia has gotten six (that I can think of) from my lovely neighbor (really, she IS lovely though). Including several outfits each and shoes, etc...
I always wait to shake my head in disbelief until I am clearly out of sight though.
Adrienne - Jessica Martin was just telling me about a part time job as a tutor at one of the Elementary schools. I think she said it was from 12:30 to 3:30pm. I can't remember what school it was though and so maybe you could ask her on Sunday.

Sarah said...

Yikes!! I don't spend that much on groceries for two weeks...or on toys for my children (put together) for an entire year!

Patty said...

Well, you know... they keep saying that the rich are the ones who keep this country going. (Never mind all the peons who are actually doing all the work...) I guess those with lots of money are just doing their part and being patriotic (or idiotic- your choice) by buying expensive stuffed animals! Go figure!!

Cassie Rakes said...

That's why I am sooo glad my kids have no idea about that place and will never know about that place, and if they ever find out about that place someone will be in big huge trouble, and my kids will be very very sad and stuff toyless.

Mama D said...

Adorable and overpriced cute stuffed animals! I'm with the others on this one. Wow! (shaking my head in wonder) Maybe we should be glad that somebody out there has money to spend on these things to help the economy keep going...

chelle said...

OuCh!!! Yesterday while at the thrift store with Sarah(my Sarah), she was looking through the stuffed animals (which I don't ever usually buy there or anywhere for that matter) but, she found a build a bear there. Genuine b-a-b bear with a Hannah Montana shirt and skirt for...............................
$.49
Yea, thats right 49 cents!!
Thats my kind of shopping! I could have a full house of them for the $180 that person spent!

chelle said...

Also, on the job thing.
I am not sure if you like to clean or not. But, I work for a cleaning Service company and they are always hiring. Or so they say.
It is called Service Master.
I carry their cards with me. So, let me know if you would like the info on Sun. or something.