Thursday, February 19, 2009

Diary of a fat girl: Day 3

Haven't weighed in yet, that's tomorrow...but I'm really REALLY proud of myself for getting up at 6 this morning to go to the gym before getting ready and heading to Florence to open the store. Yikes!

My workout machine of choice is the eliptical trainer, because it doesn't hurt my ankles or knees, and I still feel like I'm working out. Christopher does the treadmill, but I hate how out of shape I feel when I do that. SO...

The first time I used the eliptical, I did 3000 strides. I PUSHED to get there.
The second time, I did 3500, and was REALLY proud of myself for getting there.
Today my goal was 4,000 in my 30 minutes, and I got to 4,200! Okay...I know that's not a HUGE accomplishment, but hey...it's progress!

I'm trying not to be TOO mad at myself that it's Thursday, and the first time I've been to the gym!

In other news, on Saturday (Valentine's day) Christopher and I went to Smith Jewelers and found MY WEDDING BAND! It's BEAUTIFUL! And just so happened to be 50% off! I'm so excited! Now, if only he would decide what he likes so we could buy his...

Oh yeah...and I'm getting married in 99 days. :-D Hallelujah!

4 comments:

Mama D said...

99 days! Wahoo!

You're doing great on your goal. One day at a time...

Patty said...

You're doing great! Keep it up! And don't worry about how your progress seems compared to anyone else- you're doing it and that's what's important! (And getting better each time!)
Only 99 days?? Wow!! It's right around the corner!

Papa D said...

Fwiw, you look great. 99 days! Wow; you're almost an old married woman.

Papa D said...

Yes, and I know it's less than 99 now, but I'm too lazy to do the math - so . . .

99 days! Wow; you're almost an old married woman.